I have an entire bin of fabric I’ve collected over the years, so I made a few draw string bags (with surprise inner liner!). It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a sewing project on here.
Pillows! Phew~ These guys were a LOT of work, but thanks to ignitethesky we were able to get about 15 each of these pillow cases done. These are my FIRST two color designs, and I am SO happy with how they turned out. These pillow cases are 16”x16”, hand sewn with flannel plaid backs. I designed each one to look like classic, vintage business signage for each character (I’m sitting on a Singer Salvage design) I’m particularly proud of Castiel’s colors because we found the perfect Trenchcoat Tan to print on, and the navy blue ink matches his tie beautifully. Anywho~ The pillows are a steal at $28 each, or less if you buy them in a set. All are available right here- Thanks guys!
Like UE says, these were work intensive, but so much fun. I’m so pleased with how well they turned out. (Seriously, after we printed the first Castiel one, UE and I just couldn’t stop high five-ing one another.)
I need to get a futon or a couch just so I have a place to put them!
This is a mug I made several years ago, but has been sitting in a box due to a few size-able chunks missing from the rim. Even brief looks at the piece just brought despair, because it was no longer “perfect.”
Yesterday, however, my dashboard had a post about Kintsugi, which is the Japanese art of repairing broken ceramic with a gold sprinkled resin. It made me really adore the idea of making the mishaps and mistakes a celebrated part of the piece.
So the house was broken into this week and my laptop, among other things, was stolen. Due to some insane amount of luck and detective work on my end, I recovered it the next day. But not before everything was wiped clean. Which means I lost about two weeks of finished and in-progress art/design stuff. Back your stuff up often!
This also means I don’t have anything new to post except for these bracelets I made. This month has been really rough.
More practice with old, previously done artwork on shrink plastic. I wanted to test out the ink-jet printable kind, so I started making some for friends and family this round.
After seeing a bunch of shrink plastic charms on my dash from artists like -Wondersmith and Captaingalaga, I went and got some of my own to try out. I’ve spent all day messing with it, just pulling from pre-done art for experimentation. I can’t wait to try some more.
Plates done simply for fun. I want to do some more…
This is one of two ceramic plates I’ve been working on. Plate one: Drizzt Do’Urden from R.A. Salvatore's books - pictured above. Plate Two: Gallifreyan writing - which I'll probably post at some point.
Unlike the majority of art on my blog, I did NOT originally draw this. It’s a personal plate just for myself, just for fun. The original was done by the talented Todd Lockwood. The painting version is here, but I pulled it from graphic logo version used for Drizzt’s 20th Anniversary.
Section of a green fabric panel that was discharged (bleached), dyed and then screen printed.
Another work in progress shot. Something borrowed, something blue.
Current work in progress. Hint: imagine it in blue…